Tuesday, June 5, 2007

The Road to Hoedspruit!

Introduction

Having had such an experience driving to Hoedspruit and having met alot of people that make that town tick, I've decided to dedicate this BLOG to Hoedspruit!

This is the first part of my trip.

My BLOG will talk you through getting Hoedspruit, my findings on the way. This will be a log of my discoveries of the little shops, businesses, safari's, hunting farms and properties for sale in the town of Hoedspruit and nearby dorps! I want people to share their experiences with US. If you have businesses in Hoedspruit, if you have adventures or stories to share, PLEASE I urge you to send them through to me. I will add them all into my Chapters.

Lets begin the adventure...



Chapter 1

4:30am, dark, cold and dry!

Enough clothing packed for the weekend, a map of the Lowveld (which hopefully you won't need after this journey), a bird book, a tree book - if you're the bunny hugging, tree loving type - and enough coffee and beer for breakfast and lunch. Oh and lets not forget the binoculars and camera!

The road from Gauteng, Pretoria specifically, to Hoedspruit in the Lowveld is incredible. It's a beautiful journey and well, a relatively safe road provided you haven't dropped your suspension by 17 inches. It is however an adventure of note. I unfortunately haven't been able to get hold of the first part of the MAP so let's make it a little treasure map shall we, or rather tell you to take the N4 to Witbank. It's easy... Now there are 2 ways to Hoedspruit that I'd recommend but I'm going to explain just the one for lack of boring you.


The Beautiful Road to Hoedspruit - PASSOP VIR DIE GATTE! (Watch out for the potholes)



On the road to WITBANK you'll drive past a little town called Bronkhorst Spruit. On the right of the highway an amazing site beholds you. It's the largest Buddhist temple in the Southern Hemisphere and goes by the name of the "Nan Hua Temple". It's is open to the public and is a place that's is available for weekends. If you're into Feng Shui and you want to start your trip off with a 2 day RELAXATION, this is the place to do it!


If you're interested or want to read a little more about this majestic (i promise to stop using this word as soon as I find my dictionary) and wonderful place go to http://www.nanhua.co.za/


Chapter 2... Long Tom Pass - The Road to Lydenberg...

No comments: